The Rhythm of VDA
For over three decades, we have been at the forefront of design, fabrication, and project management for the events industry. Contact us to learn more about the “Rhythm of VDA” and what makes us a truly unique place to work and do business.
VDA is seeking a Sales Account Executive.
The SAE will be primarily responsible for new business acquisition, increasing sales for both short and long term opportunities and expanding the current VDA client portfolio. The ideal candidate is comfortable approaching, presenting to and negotiating with potential clients, has strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, knowledge, experience and a proven track record in event/experiential marketing sales, exceptional oral and written communication skills, ability to deal effectively with people and communicate clearly; superb research skills, and an ability to stay current with technology and industry trends. Strong roots in the local Boston event community a plus.
Salary/Compensation commensurate with experience and success.
Daily Duties will include:
Prospecting, attending networking events and traveling to networking conferences as needed, communicating with the Director of Sales, presenting to prospects, collaborating with the team in the office to facilitate timely development of creative concepts and SOW’s, entering data and activities into Salesforce.
Email resume and cover letter to Kimberly Gallagher, Associate Director of Sales – email@example.com
Scenic/ Décor/ Experiential/ Event Designer
We are currently looking for an experienced Scenic/ Décor/ Experiential/ Event Designer. The newest member of our design team will need to be a self-motivated individual with the ability to manage multiple projects. Short turn-around times and seemingly impossible deadlines are an everyday occurrence. The perfect candidate has a unique design perspective and a fresh approach to industry norms. Maintaining our client’s corporate brand identities throughout their events, while helping them achieve their specific conference or event goals are equally important. Day to day activities include working with the Creative and Sales Teams to produce 3D designs renderings and creative treatments for Trade Show Booths, Meetings Stages, Theme Parties, Conferences, etc. for presentation to the client.
Most importantly, our newest team member will have a strong personality and the ability to lead discussions in a group setting, presenting ideas to clients and colleagues while being spontaneously creative/ nimble and adaptable to real time situations.
- Be a leading voice with clients, establishing trust and confidence in the company’s design capabilities
- Oversee and participate in developing designs, prepping budgets, and expanding service offerings
- Support internal departments by ensuring deadline targets and requirements are met
- Collaborate with the production team to develop technical plans that bring a client’s goals to life
- Industry knowledge of live events
- Experience with CAD software
- Ability to work to budgets
- Creative thinker & problem solver
- Great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Extremely organized with an eye for detail
- Willingness to travel
- Must be resourceful and able to troubleshoot
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization up to and including executive level team
- Ability to understand how the budget impacts design decisions
- Comfortable with facilitating conversations around value/cost implications with both internal and external teams
- Paid Vacation
- Health & Dental
- Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
The following programs are required: Adobe Creative Suite, VectorWorks 2015 or Similar CAD
Please send resumes/portfolios to:
Bob Russo, Director, Creative Services, VDA Productions
63 Innerbelt Road, Somerville, MA 02143
Electricians/ Carpenters/ General Hands
We are always looking to hire new and talented technicians in the areas of lighting and scenic installation. If you are a motivated individual in the Greater Boston area and working as a freelance technician you NEED to be on our call list! Please contact us to submit your resume. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.Contact Us