#VDAGIVESBACK – Community Involvement
Top Five Ways VDA Gives Back
As a proud member of the Greater Boston business community with a deep-rooted commitment and desire to lend a hand to others, our team has built solid relationships with our clients, each other and within the community. At VDA Productions, we get involved, help each other out and stay true to the principals and core beliefs that have brought us successfully into our third decade of business. We started the #VDAGIVESBACK initiative on our 30th Anniversary and continue to challenge ourselves, our employees and our partners to give back to the Boston community. As we look forward to our future, we are pleased to continue our commitment and we are excited to share the top five ways that VDA gives back and how we continue to build on our legacy of community involvement.
- VDA’s Repurposing Initiative – A now legacy program, the VDA Repurposing Initiative, connects artists, organizations and schools with excess material generated at VDA. Since we founded the program, we have donated graphics and materials including MDF, plywood, various foams, various plastics, plexiglass and more. By diverting these materials from the landfills and helping get them out into the learning and creative communities, this program has been a boon to both the creative economy and the environment. You can learn more about this initiative by joining our VDA Repurposing Initiative Facebook Group.
- VDA’s Holiday Traditions – VDA annually finds a local charity or organization that matches VDA’s beliefs and values and extends a gift of $5,000. Over the years, recipients have included the Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts and the American Red Cross, Clara Barton Society. The contributions have aided in providing scholarships and financial assistance to the Girl Scout Campership Fund and our donations to the Clara Barton Society help to ensure that the American Red Cross will always be there to prevent and relieve human suffering in times of need. In addition, keeping with the holiday spirit, the VDA team makes an annual, all-staff effort to sponsor a family or two for the holiday season, fulfilling gift requests through the Home for Little Wanderers, Big Wishes Gift Drive. The Drive helps to provide gifts for thousands of children and families across the region.
- Greater Boston Food Bank (GBFB) Festival – VDA has been a major sponsorship partner for the annual Greater Boston Food Bank Festival, by supplying décor during a unique fund-raising evening for attendees and sponsors to “end hunger here”. By utilizing the GBFB distribution center as the host venue, we have been able to utilize existing space to control costs while providing guests with a truly unique experience. In the process, we are showcase the warehouse space where 52 million pounds of food is distributed every year to GBFB’s network of 550-member agencies. The VDA team has created a street festival theme and experience to both maximize the venue and educate the guests by replacing the traditional sit-down dinner with food stations and lounge vignettes within the actual food racks. The event continues to be a huge success with record-setting fundraising efforts each year.
- Emerson College Partnership – A graduate of Emerson College, VDA’s Founder and Principal Designer David Breen continually incorporates the Emerson College network into the #VDAGIVESBACK initiative. VDA provides an annual sponsorship of the EVVY Awards Gala, the largest student-run live award show in the nation, integrating Emerson College students into the design and production of the awards show stage set. VDA also steps in to aid with décor, lighting and graphics for the annual Emerson College Alumni Weekend Celebration. In addition to VDA’s contribution, David makes an annual, personal donation to these events in support of his alma mater and to set a positive example for future generations of creative services professionals. In addition, David has served in leadership roles on both The Emerson College Alumni Board of Directors and the college’s Board of Advisors.
- Event Industry Support & Collaboration – In addition to serving the Boston community, VDA works to support the local event organizations through sponsorships and collaboration such as the Fall Educational Institute, the MPI New England Chapter’s largest annual event. VDA is a regular supporter of MPI Education and has participated in several meetings and event hosted a meeting at the VDA Warehouse in Somerville. VDA is an active participant in the local ILEA (International Live Event Association) Boston Chapter, PCMA (Professional Conference Management Association) and GBCVB (Greater Boston Convention Visitors Bureau). Our industry is growing and rapidly changing, and we are pleased to continue to contribute our knowledge and over 30 years of expertise to educate and collaborate with our peers and colleagues in this exciting space.
All of us here at VDA Productions love our work and we love to give back. If you have any suggestions on how we can give back to the community or if you are interested in participating in any of these efforts, feel free to give us a call at 888-868-9200 or you can email us at email@example.com. Or, you can follow our ongoing efforts on Twitter @VDAProductions via #VDAGIVE